Friday, June 19, 2009

The Garden




This year we went a little crazy and decided we wanted to move our garden AND expand it. What were we thinking I wonder now that things are coming up and I am having to weed! A bigger garden? Who needs that? We hired our dear friend Eric McGary to cut out our plot and get it all ready. Imagine my shock when he informed me that it needed some good dirt the first year and that it was going to cost money. What? Yes, dirt costs money and it is expensive.! Oh, and the kids loved playing in the expensive dirt. Every time they came in from playing I wanted to scrape all the dirt off their little bodies and take it back out to the garden!
We spent a good couple of days planting and now we are just weeding and waiting. I will keep you updated. Oh, BTW, yes Greyson is wearing pajamas, a girly hat, and winter mittens to do his gardening.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Wow that's a big garden! We have two 4x4 foot gardens and the dirt for them cost enough. Sadly I didn't do anything with the garden this year so they have turned into large cat boxes for stray cats. really expensive cat boxes!

Our Family

Our Family