Thursday, April 2, 2009

Silly Holidays





St. Patrick's Day means an all green dinner at the Holyoak House. Usually this means green pancakes but since everyone was expecting that I went with something different. Maybe a little too different. We ended up with green pasta that looked so odd I even had a hard time eating it. We also had a list of things we NEVER have in our house for dinner like 2 different kinds of jello and green Koolaid. Way too much green.
April Fools Day meant more food fun. We had cereal for breakfast that I had secretly put a drop of blue food coloring under before the kids added their milk. Claire -who by the way is pretty ocd- was totally freaked out and refused to believe our milk wasn't bad! Too funny. For dinner we had "cupcakes" that were actually meatloaf with colored mashed potatoes on top! This is actually a mean trick because my girls really thought they were getting cupcakes for dinner at first glance. Carma handed over her cupcake after taking one bite and said "mom this cupcake is disgusting". Too cute. Mike actually had a very hard time eating all this fun food since he has an odd phobia of things that aren't the color they are supposed to be!
I would like to thank my friend Alexa -one of the best mom's I know- for the best April Fool's Joke of this year..........I taped down the on button to the sprayer on the sink and then asked Mike to rinse something out for me! So much fun!!! The best part of it all was when Mike thought it was caught on a lid and did it a second time! What am I 12?

2 comments:

Jen said...

How funny!! You are the funnest mom ever. I'll have to write this down and use it next year. I don't think a single prank of any kind was pulled here in our house. We are lame.

Shawna said...

Way cool green dinner! I'm a BIG fan of green Kool Aid.

Our Family

Our Family