Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let the boarding begin!


Friday was the first night of ski club at Harrison's school. They go about 4 or 5 times on Friday evenings. They go to Kelly Canyon and night ski and have a great time. Harrison rode the bus up with his friends and Mike went up in his car. This is Harrison with Darion (wicked boarder) and Taylor. I must say that I had a little sad mom moment when Harrison rushed home from school,threw on his ski clothes and asked me to throw an apple and a cheese stick in his back pack, then grabbed his board and headed out the door with 2 girls. It was all so fast and there was not time for me to double check things and go over all the rules and give him lots of kisses! No, we are way beyond that. I did run after them and they were nice enough to let me snap a shot of them. There was not even one eye rolled. Harrison's friend Chad McGary even found it in him to come down from the Jr High to go with Harrison and his friends. We thought this was most decent of him since he and Harrison have a great time boarding together. The Jr. High starts their ski club soon so it will probably be the only time they go together with the schools. Mike said the conditions were not great for their first time up this season. It was pretty warm in the afternoon so it was pretty much ice by night. They had a great time but came home a little beat up. Mike more so than Harrison.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Wow! You are like a blogging MACHINE! Rik and my three older kids went up too.... Malia crashed lots and I had to hear all about the rock hard ground. She didn't complain about being stiff like Taisha and Rik did the next day though.

Kayden skips the kisses... and really has some lame excuse for a hug too.... he kind of pats me on my shoulder blades, and calls that a hug... *sigh

Have a good week!

Our Family

Our Family