Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TROUBLE!!



Give me the bad mom of the year award right now for saying this!—I do not enjoy this age of children. You know the age between 15-18 months when they start to really run and climb and open drawers etc..... Greyson is 16 months old and heaven help me!! Today, he climbed up a stool to get to a 64oz cup on the counter that contained water w/ a crystal light to go packet ( I know, fake sugar)in it. Cherry of course! Notice the stained hands and feet. After it spilled he just had to sit in it. So after I took off his clothes and was throwing away his red diaper I heard a very strange noise....Oh, just the sound of Greyson peeing in the middle of the red water mess! Mopping was not on my list of things to do today. I finally got a clean diaper on him and was starting to clean up the water mess when I heard another strange noise.......Oh, just Greyson with the vacuum cord AND a letter opener trying to plug them both in to the wall in the living room! Notice the plug still in his hands. Like I said, not my favorite age. Ten minutes later I heard no noises and realized I had not seen him in a while. I was trying to decide whether I needed to evacuate the other kids for fear something was about to flood,explode,or catch fire when I found him on the chair in the living room totally zonked! Thank goodness he is so cute!

5 comments:

Trent & Susan said...

oh I remember those days. I think I cried when I realized Bentley lived to see 2. Now I cry more because I am not sure he will live to see 3. He is such a trouble maker. Good thing Greyson is so cute.

shelly said...

That is hilarious! (I can say that because it wasn't happening to me)I also am a bad mom. I enjoy my kids so much more now! But of course, I always love them. :) Greyson looks so much like Harrison at that age. wow, it's been a long time since we lived near each other...

Jen said...

Yes, I'm living it too. Some days I just want to cry...like the day Gavin got handfuls of vaseline and put it on the carpet in his room, the hallway, and the living room before I found him. The stains will NOT COME OUT. Good luck.

Jill and Jeff said...

Oh that is too funny!! Greyson has just been your angel child, so it's about time he did something to test you!! He can't be perfect, right!!:) He is so stinkin' cute!!! You just can't be mad at him!!

Jen said...

Jeramie Halverson is now my friend on Facebook and I looked at his blog. He also has a one year old little boy with redish hair named Greyson (one year old twins). Funny. I have a link to his blog on my blog if you want to see him. (actually it's more like his wife's blog)

Our Family

Our Family